Linden back on form against Accies

Hawick Linden 46

Trinity Accies 8


Linden bounced back from the previous week’s heavy defeat to put in a tremendous display of running rugby, scoring some thrilling tries.

Graham Colville picked and drove over on 20 minutes for the opener, converted by Steven Beattie, and Nathan Murray raced up the touchline for another.

Trinity hit back with a penalty before Craig Russell pounced to increase Linden’s lead to 17-3.

The floodgates opened in the second half and further tries from Russell (2), Murray (2) and Greg Cunningham ensured the Royal Blues took full points.

Stuart Renwick slotted one of the conversions and Beattie the other, while Accies scored a consolation try midway through the half.

Hawick Linden: N. Murray; C. Graham, C. Russell, G. Richardson, S. Beattie; S. Renwick, S. Campbell; K. Mabon, C. Telfer, T. Skeet, R. Beattie, B. Keown, C. Mitchell, G. Cunningham, G. Colville. Subs: J. Scott, M. Davidson, L. Farmer.

Duns Colts 0

Selkirk Youth Club 88


SELKIRK YOUTH CLUB travelled to Duns and completely outclassed a young Colts side.

It took only two minutes for the visiting Souters to make their mark on the game when flanker Adam Nichol sprinted over the line.

Tries followed from Fraser Irvine, Callum McEwan (3), Josh Welsh (2) and Kyle Stillie.

Welsh added six conversions to make the half-time score 52-0 to the Selkirk outfit.

The Youth Club coaches used all their substitutes after the interval and still the Dingers struggled to pressurise their visitors, despite plenty of effort.

Welsh crossed the line again, followed by two further touchdowns from Rory Monks and one from Bryer Mennie.

Duns were now looking rather demoralised and conceded a further two tries from Ross Purves and Monks before the final whistle.

Gala Red Triangle 17

Portobello 29


A POOR first-half performance from the hosts saw Portobello take a commanding lead after running in three tries.

In a half with few positives, Red Triangle’s rucking and set-piece play were solid.

As the second half progressed, however, the home side started to dictate the tempo in a way that they had failed to do in the first period. Again handling let them down and too many dropped balls resulted in missed scoring opportunities. Jay Allan, who had spent most of the first half putting in the best tackles of the game, was rewarded with a try in the corner.

The visitors scored twice more before GRT man of the match, Mark Amos, scored under the posts after a dazzling solo run from the base of a scrum. Matt Lochrie added the conversion.

After the restart, GRT went straight back down to the Portobello try-line and Callum Miller scored in the corner, but unfortunately it was too little, too late.