FROM the lands of Ettrick and Yarrow come the details of Selkirk CC AGM, one of the oldest clubs in the Borders, having started up in 1850, writes Alistair Lindsay.
Needless to say there are no founder members around today.
Among a bevy of feminine administration, Ken MacKay is the sole male, now in his fifth year as secretary; Jane Telfer is current president, with Meg Robbie as second in command, while Ena Wilson keeps watch on the exchequer side of the club.
A goodish season was had by Selkirk, coming fifth in their Border League section, and getting to both the Melrose Kettle and Dun trophy finals, coming second in both, but no shame to them for that. Within the club there is always keen competition for the various trophies, especially the “Hedgehog”, aka the Headshaw, originally donated by the weel-kent Tom and Madge Hogg, long-time members in past years.
It is long overdue for a Selkirk member or two to come onto a Province or BIRC committee, to give the club a hearing as time goes on.