Waverley hit for six

Greenlaw 6

Hawick Waverley 0


MARK LANG put Greenlaw ahead with a looping header midway through the first half.

Five minutes from the interval, Adam Smith increased Greenlaw’s lead, heading home a Toby Culham free kick. Four minutes later, Smith put Waverley into further arrears, cashing in on a defensive error.

Greenlaw continued to run the show after the break and Joe Condie notched a fourth with an overhead kick.

Culham then made it a nap hand and Smith completed his hat-trick with the last goal of the game.

Towards the finish, Paul Matheson fired a Greenlaw penalty kick wide of the post.

Newtown 2

Hawick Legion 0


A GOAL in each half steered Newtown to a deserved victory.

They edged ahead through a headed counter by Alan Cairney following a corner kick.

Legion then showed what they had to offer and Scott Duncan almost snatched an equaliser with an effort that was just off target.

Midway into the second period, Newtown increased their lead through a Scott Leitch goal.

Gala Hotspur 1

Hearts of Liddesdale 1


A DANIEL Brough equaliser put Hearts of Liddesdale on the verge of promotion.

On an uneven Public Park surface, the visitors dominated possession and territory in the first half, but failed to find a way past Spurs keeper Shaun Bell.

Gala took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when Scott Nightingale fired a volley into the top corner of the net from 18 yards.

A Stuart Gibson header hit the crossbar for the hosts, but Brough’s superb header with 20 minutes remaining earned Hearts a deserved point.

Tweedmouth Amateur Colts 2

Hawick Legion Rovers 2


SHOWING a marked improvement in all departments following their drubbing at the hands of Gala Hotspur the previous week, Rovers could have won this one.

William Monteith put them ahead in the first half with a superbly struck free kick. Tweedmouth equalised before the interval and then took the lead in the second half.

Rovers who had played some good football from the start came rallying back to get on level terms with the goal of the game.

After being fed by an Andrew Tinlin pass, Andrew McFarlane beat two men before whipping over a cross which was tucked away by Davie Fraser. Just on time, Monteith had a chance for Rovers, only to blaze a shot over the bar.