Hawick amateur round-up

editorial image

Hawick Waverley 2 Gala Fairydean Rovers 3

In what turned out to be a fast flowing game, Gala sailed into the lead in the 4th minute with a penalty.

With 21 minutes gone Waverley equalised.

Taylor Hope sprayed a pass to Luke Cooper who shot home.

Gala went on to restore their lead but Liam Gellaitry put Waverley on level terms in scoring with a header.

League leaders Gala then went on to snatch what was to be a winning goal.

Earlston Rhymers 2 Hawick Legion 2

Although on top for most of the game, Legion ended up with just a single point.

Callum Hope put Legion ahead on the quarter hour mark by side footing home a pass from Scott Duncan.

After Hope and Liam Lavery had both came near to stretching Legion’s lead with efforts that hit the post, Earlston netted twice in a matter of minutes.

Before the interval, Legion equalised through a Lavery strike.

In the second half, Legion more or less ruled the roost and hit the woodwork for a third time when a Duncan shot rebounded off the bar.

Peebles Amateurs 2 Hawick Legion Rovers 2

Rovers drew first blood through a well taken goal from Chay Caldwell, who after latching onto a Michael Moir headed lay off, rode a tackle before shooting into the net.

Following this, Peebles gained the upper hand for a spell and after hitting both the post and the bar before equalising with a penalty.

Rovers in turn began to gain the upper hand and regained their lead when Caldwell produced the scoring touch again when heading home a well flighted Craig McCutcheon cross.

With eight minutes remaining Peebles got on level terms.

Glenmuir Thistle 2 Hawick United 1

A David Strathdee own goal in the last minute of the game sent United tumbling out of the South of Scotland Cup.

Kevin Strathdee put United ahead in the first half with a perfectly executed overhead kick from a Ross Scott cross.

Thistle hit back to equalise. Chances fell at both ends after this but there was no addition to the scoring until Strathdee had the misfortune to head the ball into his own net seconds from time.