Dingers nab it at the death with set-piece

Hawick Legion 0

Duns Amateurs 1


A GOAL in the closing stages of the game gained Duns a last gasp victory.

On top for almost the entire game, Legion were extremely unfortunate not to gain a point to say the least. Showing a big improvement from recent outings, Legion did everything but score.

Scott Duncan, William Monteith and Kelvin Clamp all came near to netting on more than one occasion. Try as they might, Legion however, just could not produce the scoring touch.

Duns grabbed a dramatic winner seconds from time with a free kick.

Tweeddale Rovers 4

Hawick Waverley 1


TWEEDDALE were first to do the business, taking the lead through a well-struck free kick.

Waverley came bouncing back and following good play between Ross Wallace and Grant Ferguson, Scott Craig slotted away an equaliser with a tremendous drive into the bottom corner of the net.

Tweeddale then edged in front again and duly went on to notch a third. The homesters sealed victory with a penalty.

Hawick United 3

Eyemouth 3


EYEMOUTH drew first blood in this lively encounter that conjured up some fast-flowing football.

Michael Moir, however, put United on level terms when tucking away a Kevin Strathdee cross at the back post.

After Luke Shanley had been foiled by a fine save from the visiting keeper, Eyemouth restored their lead. Kevin Strathdee, however, levelled things up with a penalty.

The action continued at a lively pace and Eyemouth duly sailed ahead for a third time.

United came rallying back and after latching on to a long ball from Steven Ellins, Kevin Strathdee hit home the equaliser.

Gala Athletic 5

Hawick Legion Rovers 2


ALTHOUGH twice behind, Athletic ended up gaining full honours.

Rovers got off to a flying start by taking the lead in the second minute. Jamie Dickson hit the ball into the path of John Shankie who fired home.

A defensive mistake then led to Athletic snatching an equaliser.

Rovers, however, restored their lead when Graeme Marshall found the net with a glorious 25-yard drive before the interval.

Early in the second period, Athletic got on level pegging.

The Gala men began to gain the upper hand and rattled in three more goals to record their first league win of the season.