Caring for pets

It has been brought to my attention that there are a vast majority of people who have pets, who don’t seem to realise that they have the right to complain to a regulator if they have had a bad experience with a veterinary practice regarding poor standards of service.

We expect a high standard of quality care for our animals.

I would like to inform your readers that they can contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, Professional Conducts Department, Belgravia House, 62-64 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AF or by phone on 020 7202 0767.

I have suffered a poor service and my animal has suffered because of this. I contacted the RCVS and made a formal complaint. This is now being looked into.

David Grant