Police in the Borders are appealing for witnesses after a number of high value bicycles were stolen in separate break-ins.
A total of five bicycles were taken from properties in Peebles and nearby Innerleithen last weekend.
Between 11pm on Friday, November 27, and 8:30am on Saturday, November 28, a thief or thieves broke into a domestic garage at an address on Kingsmuir Drive in Peebles.
Three bikes were taken worth, in total, a four figure sum.
Meanwhile, a further two bikes were stolen from a property on Chapel Street in Innerleithen between midnight on Friday, November 27, and 5pm on Saturday, November 28.
The bikes, also worth a four figure sum, were stolen from a garden shed found to the rear of the home.
Police are now appealing for information in an effort to recover the stolen items and arrest those responsible.
The bikes stolen from Peebles are described as:
- A blue and yellow Genesis Core mountain bike with yellow stickers, white pedals and silver forks.
- A blue and orange Cube Analog females mountain bike, dark blue with orange forks
- A yellow and red Giant team issue mountain bike with Giant stickers.
The bikes stolen from Innerleithen are described as:
- Santa Cruz Heckler, bottle green in colour with bright fluorescent green handle bars.
- Whyte 901, black coloured frame with distinctive red pedals.
Inspector Keith Dougal who is leading the investigation said: “Our inquiries are ongoing however given the nature of these thefts and their proximity we believe that they are linked.
“Anyone who has been approached to purchase these bikes or has any information relevant to our inquiries is asked to come forward immediately.”
Those with information can contact police on 101 or alternatively the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.