Jedburgh residents are being asked how they would like the town’s Port House on Exchange Street used for the community.
The Category A-listed premises, built in 1900 as a Co-operative Society department store, was purchased by Jedburgh Community Trust in 2010 when it was on the buildings-at-risk register.
The trust hopes to bring it back to its former glory, and is launching a public consultation to see how Port House could best serve the community.
“We need to get the community’s ideas,” the trust’s Len Wyse told us.
“Plans are in place to develop it as a major community facility, a provider of workspace and a visitor attraction,” the trust’s website adds.
The complex includes two three-storey buildings in Exchange Street, single-storey buildings in the courtyard, and three garages adjacent in Grahamslaw Close.
The 8,000 sq ft building has a large warehouse/store to the rear, which could be used as a hostel or bunkhouse, while the main building could be a venue for registry marriages, or a replacement for the Provost’s Room.
Send your ideas via the contact details at http://onlineborders.org.uk/community/jedcomtrust.