On Sunday, May 13, 1923, the war memorial in Coldstream was unveiled by Field-Marshal Earl Haig. The crowds were undeterred by the poor weather earlier in the day, which cleared to allow the ceremony to take place. Around 80 floral tributes were laid.
The memorial pays tribute to the men of the district who were killed in the First World War.
The Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue team’s new headquarters opened in Selkirk on January 20, 1990. Thirty-five full-time members of the team raised £8,500 to help build, equip and decorate the new base. From left, Martyn Buckley, Rod McIntosh, Elizabeth Scott and Kevin Ferguson.