An application has been submitted for the change of use of the pavement outside Greggs at 42 to 44 High Street to form a seating area.
The applicant is Sara Humphries, of Market Drayton, on behalf of the applicant Greggs plc.
The aim is to provide six tables and 12 chairs with barriers in the proposed outside area.
One waste bin would be provided in the outside area, with the applicant stating that it has a national contract with Biffa to collect and sort out its waste.
Greggs was founded in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 1939 and specialises in savoury products, such as sausage rolls, sandwiches and sweet items, including doughnuts and vanilla slices.