This dramatic footage of a mother and her two children running for their lives after narrowly avoiding an exploding manhole cover was published by one of our sister papers in Northampton, but we thought you would like to see it.
The CCTV footage shows the force of the blast ripping part of the newsagent’s shop sign down, which narrowly avoided colliding with the head of the young boy.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire Service said the cause of the explosion was an electrical fault in an underground box.
Miraculously, no-one was injured in the explosion, but power has been lost to neighbouring properties. Repair work is due to be completed in the next couple of days.