GALE force winds continue to lash the Scottish Borders and the area remains on flood alert, writes Bob Burgess.
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has also issued flood warnings for specific areas.
Scottish Borders Council says a number of roads are either closed or blocked:
• A699 Springwood Park in Kelso to the A68 – closed.
• Longformacus to Elmford - blocked
• A6112 Coldstream to Swinton – blocked
• B7007 Middleton to Innerleithen – closed
• B6355 Preston to Cranshaw – closed north of Cranshaw
Flood warnings have been issued for :
• Eddleston Water at Peebles
• Greenlaw to Allanton
• Preston to Paxton
• Romanno Bridge to Lyne Station
• Shiplaw to Crossburn (including Eddleston)
All schools in the Borders have remained open but pupils at Heriot Primary have been moved to Fountainhall because of a power cut.
A spokesman for Scottish Borders Council commented: “Our emergency response teams continues to monitor the situation.
“Surface water and debris from trees are affecting a number of roads and council staff worked overnight to make sure as many as possible were passable. People are asked to take extreme care when travelling.”
Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said they had not been alerted to a single incident in the Borders.